Everyone has come across times when they see someone on the street or at a restaurant and want to begin a conversation, know more about him/her but is unable. In all such cases, Happn is the app for you.
Happn helps you know all about the person, likes, dislikes and hobbies. It helps you meet people from your daily life rather than strangers from the internet. With the help of the app you can start a conversation with someone near you with ease. Before you begin your dating journey let us take a deeper look into the Happn app.
About Happn App
Happn was developed by FTW & Co. in the year 2014 in Paris. The app was made out of an idea by Didier Rappaport, Antony Cohen and Fabien Cohen. The basic ideology behind the app was to help people find dates from among the people around them rather than an online stranger.
The app is a one of a kind location based dating app. The app has 40 thousand people visiting the app everyday as soon as it was released. The app continued to grow it’s database with 10 million new additions in 2016 alone. The app has got great use bases in UK,US, Italy, France, India and Australia.
Pros of Happn App
The app has got a lot of features which would attract you, which are listed below:
1. Easy interface – The app is user-friendly as it is very easy to set up an account and browser through profiles with ease. The app helps you to easily navigate through the app and check out all the features.
2. App Sync – The app allows you to link your Facebook account with it and thus all your personal details and information is easily synced. This message all your hobbies, education, work profile, friends, private relationships and interests. This app also enables you to show only the sections of data which you want to make public and all the other sections remain invisible from the world.
3. Invisible Location – The approximate location of your meeting is made available but the exact center of intersection is kept hidden for security reasons. Your privacy is not spoiled and you can remain carefree.
4. Facebook Privacy – The linking of your Happn account with Facebook reduces your chances to encounter a spam account. The app helps you link with your mutual friends with the added security of the app not posting anything without your permission.
5. Availability – Happn is highly popular in countries such as US,UK, Australia, India, Canada to name a few. The languages in which the app is available are English, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, German and Portuguese. This helps you to easily run through without any language barrier.
6. App Cost – The app can be used as much as you want for as much time you want with limited features. You can always go for the paid version to have a better experience as you can have more connections and enable extended communication. The subscription cost varies from country to country with an average monthly cost of about $22.99. You can enable monthly, half yearly and yearly subscription according to your need.
Cons of Happn App
The app has got a different dimension as well away from the bright side which are listed below:
1. Less Connections in Rural Areas – The app might not work properly in areas which are rarely populated. The app works on location basis and it might be a problem in areas where people rarely use the app.
2. Awkward People – Even if you might have blocked a person on the app, it may happen that he might not know that and continue to follow and bother you. You could see them wherever you want, that is they would stalk you in a way.
3. Incompatible – The app helps you to find a partner based on location rather than personal interests. This might be a problem in the long run.
4. Expensive Subscription – The app has got an expensive paid version which does not provide many extra features and only a bit of added communication. So, it is not a profitable choice.
How Happn App Connects You With Other People
Once you have started using the Happn App, you will get to know about any user who is registered in the app and crosses your path. The GPS technology tells you regarding the date and time of your encounter with the registered user along with the number of times you have met him/her.
You will get the chance to tick the heart present in the side of the profile which you can click and if the corresponding person presses the heart as well the a crush is generated. The competition is really tough so you should always respond as quicky as possible in order to stand away from the rest of the crowd.
The quicker you respond the higher are your chances. And if there is an issue and you do not want the profile to emerge again or bother you again by showing up then you always have the option of blocking the profile by tapping the ‘X‘ option.
Happn app has got both sides good as well as bad. It will help you to connect with people, you might meet anytime anywhere down the lane. At the same time it is an app that is based on location compatibility rather than similar interests which is kind of a problem.
There is also a problem that the paid version does not supply much and if you are in a rural of scarcely populated area then you might be in a pit. Even after all this you might want to give the app a try as it has got a free version which is OK.