In the last decades smartphones have been proved best among the modes of communication just because of the versatility it provides. Not just your smartphone can make calls, do messaging and mails it also provides video calling.
Voice calling was the technology of past, but now it’s the world of Videos Calls and Video Chat Apps.
Now every smartphone has front camera and it also supports internet so there will be no mess of porting web cams in your laptops or computers and configuring them to make videos calls. Today making video call is just a matter of couple of touches on the screen of your smartphone.
- 1 What are Video Chat Apps?
- 2 Features of Video Chat Apps
- 3 Safety Considerations
- 4 7 Video Chat Apps to Make Your Dating Life More Easier
- 5 Are Video Chat Apps Free to Use?
- 6 Summing Up
What are Video Chat Apps?
Video chat apps are software applications that enable users to engage in real-time video and audio conversations with others over the internet.
These apps have gained immense popularity due to their ability to facilitate face-to-face communication, making them a crucial tool for personal, professional, and social interactions.
Features of Video Chat Apps
1. Video and Audio Calls:
- Video chat apps allow users to make video calls, which enable them to see and interact with the person on the other end of the call in real time.
- In addition to video calls, these apps offer audio-only calls, providing flexibility in communication.
2. Group Calls:
- Many video chat apps support group calls, allowing multiple participants to join a single video or audio conversation.
- Group calls are ideal for virtual meetings, family gatherings, and socializing with friends.
3. Messaging and Chat:
- Apart from live video and audio interactions, video chat apps often include text messaging features, enabling users to send written messages, emojis, and multimedia content.
- This feature provides a well-rounded communication experience, combining both real-time and asynchronous communication.
4. Screen Sharing:
- Some video chat apps offer screen sharing capabilities, allowing users to share their screens with others during a call.
- Screen sharing is valuable for presentations, collaborations, and technical support.
5. Encryption and Privacy:
- To ensure the security of users’ conversations, many video chat apps employ end-to-end encryption, which means that only the participants in the conversation can access the content.
- Privacy settings and the ability to password-protect meetings add an extra layer of security.
1. Stranger Chat Apps:
- Some video chat apps, often referred to as “stranger chat apps,” connect users with random strangers for one-on-one conversations.
- While these apps can be exciting and provide opportunities to meet new people, they also come with safety concerns. It’s essential to exercise caution when using them, as interactions with strangers can be unpredictable.
2. Safety Tips for Stranger Chat Apps:
- Avoid sharing personal information like your full name, address, phone number, or financial details with strangers.
- Use a pseudonym or a nickname instead of your real name.
- Be cautious of inappropriate or offensive content and report any violations to the app’s moderators.
- Trust your instincts. If a conversation makes you uncomfortable, it’s okay to disconnect or end it.
- Keep in mind that not all users may have good intentions, so prioritize your safety.
7 Video Chat Apps to Make Your Dating Life More Easier
1. IMO App
It is a very popular video calling app. It is available for android, iOS and windows desktop as well. It provides many features like high resolution video calls, group video calls with family, friends, roommates and others.
This app is not only for videos calling it also supports chatting with awesome stickers and voice call. Since this works on internet so you don’t have to worry about your phone bill. No matter your connection is 2G, 3G or 4G or a WiFi connection, you can make unlimited video calls.
For the people concerning their privacy as their topmost priority, they should know that Imo makes encrypted calls and chats so even if anyone wants to sneak into your account then he would not be able to do it because of its end to end encryption.
Above all this app is very low sized so you don’t have to waste much memory in your phone to manage it. It is downloaded by over 10 million people so you can imagine how popular and good t is. Imo is the best choice for video calling.
In this sector Kik is another great video calling app. It is available in android as well as in iOS. It not only supports voice calling it also supports messaging with awesome stickers. Interface of this app is very simple and nice.
To make a video call you don’t require cell phone number of someone. You can just pick a username and do one on one video calling or chatting. Not just you can chat with humans you can also chat with bots.
You do quizzes, get fashion tip, advice and many more. Additionally it also provides special stickers in festivals and seasons.
Skype is among the apps which has started the video calling before the time of smartphones and probably the oldest one. It has currently over 200 million users and it lets them chat, voice call and make video calls.
Moreover it is based on internet so there is no problem in thinking about call charges. Skype keeps the world talking, for free.
Its best feature is that one can also make international calls using the internet data. It supports Skype to Skype calls, group voice and video call for 25 people at max, instant messaging.
You can even call a person on his or her phone number if he or she is not online. If you don’t know who is calling then Skype will event tell you the caller’s ID.
There is not just the text chat available in it, you can send video or voice or stickers and many more things. Best of all it support sending of all types of files to another person. Skype is supported on almost every smartphone.
WhatsApp is among the most best Messaging & Video Chat Apps. A record says, “By early January, 2015 WhatsApp had 700 million monthly active users with more than 30 billion messages being sent everyday.” By the number mentioned you can think of the its popularity among the people.
It gives awesome features like versatility, awesome interface, chats supports different stickers as well as emojis, you can even make a voice as well as video call.
It is totally internet based ass so all its facilities just require mobile data that too in very less amount so you don’t have to worry about data charges.
The only issue with it is that it makes low quality video calls. It also has a status column so you can put your stories in it for a day. And to contact anyone it is mandatory to have his or her phone number.
Duo is a Google’s dedicated app for video calling. It supports almost all the smartphones like android, iOS, Tizen etc. Duo provides high quality video calling. It’s a very simple app just like opening your phone’s calling app. It has in built feature to tell caller id before receiving any video call.
It can also make voice call as well. Its video quality varies over signals and networks that is if anyone is using 3G network to video call then the video quality will not be as good as the video quality on WiFi or 4G network. This app also works on internet so it provides you free video calling.
It is a low space covering compatible app so anyone can have it on their smartphone. This app has been used by over 100 million users. And its reviews were very nice.
6. Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular Video Chat Apps on Android and iOS. Facebook has been emerged as the most widely used social networking platform. There more than 2 billion users of Facebook. And Facebook has also updated itself by launching its official messenger app.
This app not only support chat, voice call but also video calls. It can establish a group video chat as well as one to one video chat. And it is totally free over WiFi.
Viber is internet based messenger app just similar to all the above mentioned app. Its features are it lets you send text messages, Photos, Videos and Voice calls. Its best feature is that it supports group chat with up to 250 people.
It also has a hidden chat feature. Viber is connecting over 800 M people worldwide. It also establishes encrypted communication to ensure the users security.
Are Video Chat Apps Free to Use?
The majority of video chat apps offer free basic features, including one-on-one video and audio calls, messaging, and group calls with limitations on the number of participants or call duration.
However, many of these apps also offer premium or paid versions with additional features, such as larger group calls, enhanced security, and more extensive cloud storage for recorded meetings.
Some popular video chat apps that offer free basic versions with the option to upgrade to premium plans include Zoom, Skype, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and FaceTime.
The availability of free features and the specific offerings of premium plans vary from one app to another.
That’s It. Hope you liked this post and able to find the Video Chat App that suits you.