It can be a really tough time if you are not used to online dating. Finding the right online dating app is a hard job because there are millions of dating apps and sites which you will find on the world wide web. The first step towards a good experience of online dating is choosing the right online dating app. Today’s article is about one of them in particular.
With the name as Zoosk, this online dating app is owned by the Spark network. They claim to be the most popular dating app with a whopping number of 40 million users. So if you are intrigued and want to know more about this online dating app then stay tuned because we are here today to bring a detailed review of Zoosk App. If you read the entire article, I think most of your questions about Zoosk will be answered and then you can make an informed decision. So without any further time delay let’s get right into it!
- 1 How does Zoosk Work?
- 2 Who are Zoosk members?
- 3 Safety and Security
- 4 Pricing
- 5 What are the benefits of Zoosk?
- 6 What are Zoosk’s negative points?
- 7 Is Zoosk open to the LGBTQ community?
- 8 How to search for Usernames / Profiles on Zoosk?
- 9 Zoosk App vs Full site Experience
- 10 Zoosk Customer Service
- 11 Conclusion
How does Zoosk Work?
The most striking feature about Zoosk is that they cover your personal information from your social media accounts. So in a way, it is really time and energy-saving because you do not have to answer all those lengthy questionnaires anymore. Of course, you can edit out the information that you don’t want to put up but that takes only a few minutes.
After you are done setting up your profile on Zoosk, they will use something called SmartPick to match you up with the most compatible profiles on Zoosk. They use advanced technology to save the profiles that you liked and those you didn’t. Based on your activities, Zoosk will provide you with more filtered and compatible profiles.
Those profiles that you like are marked and if they like you back then you are matched and you can start chatting (if you both have paid membership). We recommend you to use the app more and on a regular basis to reach more suitable candidates to date. The more you use it, the more your preference info gets stored and the more compatible suitors you get. The math is simple!
Who are Zoosk members?
Zoosk brags about having over 40 million users all over the world ranging from over 80 different countries. The platform also provided more than 25 different languages so it is usable by people who do not speak the commonly spoken languages. Their users are 48% male and 52% female.
Importantly, Zoosk does not promote polygamy or open relationships. They are a traditional dating app only supporting monogamy and two-person interactions.
Safety and Security
Back in 2018, there were some military scams included but Zoosk jumped to action and launched Insignia which is a device that allows the military to verify their documents. Therefore if you get a match with a military person you do not have to worry about their authenticity since Insignia does the job for you. Zoosk works continuously, updating its security measures every day for the benefit of its users.
You can either have a paid membership or continue using Zoosk for free. Nonetheless, it goes without saying that having a paid membership gives you access to a lot more features like promoting your profile, sending gifts, and having chats with your matches. The pricing is pretty decent and you can sign up for a month first to check out the said features. If you like the features, then sign up for a longer time next so as to save more money.
We have listed the pricing is below –
- 95 dollars for one month.
- 98 dollars per month for three months.
- 49 dollars per month for six months.
What are the benefits of Zoosk?
- Zoosk is very easy to set up – Unlike other dating apps, Zoosk does not ask you to fill a lengthy questionnaire. It asks for Simple info about yourself and then they verify your account and you are all set. It takes minimal time to set up an account.
- No open/polyamorous relationship – Zoosk only promotes monopoly and therefore there is no place for a polyamorous relationship. (No judgments, it’s just the way this app works).
- LGBTQ Friendly – Everyone is welcome here regardless of their sexuality. The LGBTQ Community forms a major portion of the customer range at Zoosk.
- No lengthy questionnaires – As stated before Zoosk does not ask you to fill lengthy questionnaires to learn about your preferences. They use something called Behavioural Matching to find your compatible partner. It’s simple yet rewarding.
- Verified Profiles – The app uses your social media profile to gather info about you. Therefore it becomes harder for frauds to be on this site. The chances of you getting catfished are very low. They can also offer verification through ID, phone number, or your personal Twitter account, etc.
- Access to a broad range of people – Zoosk provides this platform for people ranging from the age of 20 to 93. Therefore with such a wide range, it will be practically impossible for you to not find someone after your own heart.
What are Zoosk’s negative points?
- Pay to play Dating – In simple words, you need to pay to get the full beneficial features available on the app. For example – you can not chat with your matches unless you pay the membership fee.
- Inactive Users – There are a lot of inactive accounts on Zoosk which has led to several complaints by their users. The spam content is quite high on this app which makes for a big negative point. The site goes out of its way to verify that the users are real but that does not always get the work done since there are a large number of unverified users.
- Monogamy only – If you are looking for an open relationship then this is not your site. While polygamy and open relationships are not supported on this dating site since it is a kind of traditional dating app, most people are satisfied with the monogamy rule but there’s no judgment, if you are interested in a possible open relationship then you can always look for other dating apps.
Is Zoosk open to the LGBTQ community?
Yes, Zoosk is open to LGBTQ Community. This is an essential factor in the app which makes it more beneficial in the dating app market and it also increases the range of users that you can find on this app. This feature clearly stands as a great feature for any dating app.
How to search for Usernames / Profiles on Zoosk?
Its pretty simple to search for Usernames or profiles or Zoosk. Navigate to the search or discover a section of the app. Zoosk does not provide for the exact searching by username feature but you can still search for your desired accounts and profiles by setting up filters and specifying the qualities you are searching for.
Note – You can use search filters like age, height, weight, location, smoking habits, relationship status, children, ethnicity, religion, education, and so on.
Zoosk App vs Full site Experience
There is not much of a difference between the app and the full site experience. The interface is simple and user friendly so that the technology novice can also get through using it simply. In the mobile app, they move some of the sections around to fit on the screen. Also, they provide a beautiful yet simple layout. The style is minimalist to say. The changes are minor and you will probably even notice them.
Zoosk Customer Service
Zoosk’s customer service is top class. You can already find all the solutions to problems regarding the app on the FAQ. If you fail to find a solution for your problem on the FAQ’s then you can go up to their contact info and contact their customer service center for a solution to your more advanced issue. Their customer service is available to everyone 24/7. They look after their customers with top priority. You face any problem, you can without any hesitation call their customer support. They will soon solve your issue with the utmost efficiency.
We hope that you have found this article useful. It has helped you in understanding Zoosk a little better. As mentioned earlier, searching for an online dating app when you are new to the world of online dating is never wrecking. But hopefully, you have given time to read this article and now have a better understanding of Zoosk. Make sure you analyze your needs and the features offered up by this dating app side by side and then make a well-informed decision.