There are many dating apps and sites in the market, and they aim at some targeted customers; these dating apps have a specific reason to exist like some apps are for people who prefer BDSM. Some are for seniors only while others may be of the LGBTQ Community. A Manhunt is one of the latter. It’s a gay dating site founded by Jonathan Crutchley and Larry Basile.
They have more than 4 million active users and boasts of being the top gay dating sites. We are here today to discuss a Manhunt in detail. If you were searching for such a review, then you are in the right place, so without any more delay, let’s get right into it.
Some of the key features of Manhunt are:
- Most of the site is free of fake profiles. Regular check-ups are performed to detect and remove fake profiles.
- You can search for singles who are close to you or look for singles globally.
- You do not even have to pay a penny to create a friend list on your Manhunt profile. You do not need a premium membership for that, unlike some other sites.
- It’s like a hot or not game.
Manhunt Sign Up Process
Manhunt’s sign-up process is different from the other dating sites because it always requires its users to upload their profile picture. This allows them to flush out the fake profiles, but some users upload very grainy or distorted images, thereby making it difficult for other users.
The sign-up process of Manhunt is pretty bold too; besides the general questions that you encounter in any dating site, this site also includes questions about your *Ahem* man parts. Yes, you read that right, Manhunt asks you about your penis size and whether you are circumcised or not. This site has many users looking for hookups, thereby making this category question inevitable.
Manhunt also sports a lot of filters that can be used for finding your hook up partner and the best one night stand you can dream of. The sign-up process does not take more than 5-10 minutes. After signing up with your info, you are set to go out for your ‘Manhunt’. (Sorry, had to make that pun!)
The login process of Manhunt is pretty easy, too; you need your registered email or phone number along with a set password.
Contacting People on Manhunt
Manhunt allows their users to contact the people who they find interesting directly. This is a unique interaction pattern since they also allow their users to save conversation with people who they liked a lot and had fun talking to.
Members can also video call each other online. It has a drawback, though; it only allows an unpaid member, only 10 chats a day, which is a deficient number, but then again, that’s what you get for free.
If you are interested in getting a paid membership. Then you can check out the prices above. Of course, having paid membership has its benefits. You can send unlimited texts to anyone you fancy when you get a paid membership.
Manhunt Safety and Security
While signing up on Manhunt, a very nice and good picture, along with your email address, is required. This cuts down the number of catfishers. It is also famous for keeping the info about its users safe and sound. There is no breach of information about any of their customers.
There is also a unique feature about Manhunt, which makes it stand out from other dating sites and apps. A Manhunt is partnered with local health associations called Manhunt cares. They have profiles on Manhunt, and they work as intermediate profiles from where the members make sure that each one of them knows if someone is exposed to an STD. Even though it is recognized as a hookup app, Manhunt does lay care for its customers’ sexual health.
Creating an account and browsing through Manhunt can be done free of charge. But if you want to access some of the special features like accessing the chats and starting long conversations, you have to get a paid membership for Manhunt.
Some of these special features are including chats, full-size pics, unlimited video calls, and so on. There are different plans, some of them are as follows:
- 50 dollars for 7-day membership.
- $10.00 dollars for a 90-day membership.
- $9.15 dollars for 180-day membership.
- $8.25 dollars for 365-day membership.
Pros and Cons
There are certain features about Manhunt that can be termed as pros and cons. There are always two sides to a coin; there is always a shadow when there is light, and there are always cons when there are pros. Let’s have a look at them.
- You can video chat before meeting someone in real life.
- The sign-up process is very swift and will complete within a few minutes.
- The health care feature is unique and allows users to directly contact professionals, which helps them take care of their sexual health.
- The membership cost is also quite affordable and not too high.
- You can access the feature of location-based search to find singles around you.
- There are quite many members, so you are sure to find someone.
- If you do not have a paid membership, then you will have limited features.
- The site is of graphic nature, and there are a lot of ads that interrupt your experience.
- The global search pairs you up with members who are far away from you.
- There is also a limit in the number of users.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Manhunt.net A Scam?
No Manhunt is not a scam. It has not been involved in any scam in the recent past. There are legit members on Manhunt, but there are also some scammers and catfishers. It is up to you to use your judgment and think for yourself.
Is Manhunt.net Safe?
You can be sure that you are safe on this site. The security of this site is good. If you are paranoid, then you can keep your identity anonymous too. Most users keep their faces hidden and choose to upload grainy pics. But there is nothing to worry about.
Does Manhunt.net Have A Mobile App?
Yes, they do have a mobile app available for Manhunt too. It is available both on Android and IOS. They are free to download. But a drawback is that the app has limited features. Therefore we suggest the desktop browser version.
We hope you have found this article useful and that it has answered the questions you have had about Manhunt. We suggest that you should give the site a try before deciding your ultimate decision. It’s not like they will charge you anything for just looking. We hope that you take your time and judge it carefully.